Cheesy Griddle-Baked Stuffed Bell Peppers Introducing Cheesy Griddle-Baked Stuffed Bell Peppers, a classic Italian dish that’s sure to please. Enjoy the unique taste of this dish, featuring sweet bell peppers stuffed with a mouth-watering mixture of sausage, cheese, and marinara sauce. For a Mexican flare, replace the sausage with chorizo, add jalapenos, and top with cilantro. If you’re looking for an American twist, swap the Italian sausage for ground beef and the marinara with BBQ sauce. No matter which route you choose, these are sure to be a hit.
– 4 bell peppers, halved and seeded
– 1 pound Italian sausage (or ground beef for American twist or chorizo for Mexican style)
– 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 cups marinara sauce (or BBQ sauce for American twist)
– 1 cup white rice, cooked
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (for garnish) ▪
1. Preheat a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the olive oil and sausage, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until sausage is browned, stirring occasionally.
3. Add garlic, rice, and Parmesan cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, until everything is heated through.
4. Spoon the sausage mixture into the halved bell peppers and place them onto the griddle.
5. Cook the peppers for 8-10 minutes, or until the outside of the pepper is slightly charred and the pepper is cooked through.
6. Top with marinara sauce and a sprinkle of parsley and serve with a side of garlic bread and a simple salad.
For a quicker and easier meal, prepare the filling and sauce ahead of time, to save time on the night of.
– To get that perfectly charred pepper, leave each side on the griddle for about 4 minutes before flipping.
– For a meatless option, swap the sausage for grilled vegetables.
– For a lighter option, use a vegetable broth or olive oil instead of the tomatoes and cheese.
– Top with your favorite shredded cheese for an extra cheesy and delicious meal.
– For an extra bit of crunch, sprinkle in some crushed croutons before adding the filling to the peppers.
– Served with a side of herbed garlic bread and a simple salad, this is a perfect dinner for any night of the week.