Crispy and Comforting Griddle-Fried Chicken & Mashed Potatoes Welcome to my Crispy and Comforting Griddle-Fried Chicken & Mashed Potatoes recipe! For those looking to fry chicken on a griddle, this is the perfect recipe. With my step-by-step guide, you can reach a crispy and golden crunch on the outside, while keeping the juicy and succulent flavor of chicken on the inside.
For flavor variations, you can add garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, or cayenne pepper to your chicken for an extra kick. You can also season the mashed potatoes with seed butter and finished off with chives for a creamy-savory combination.
– 4-6 chicken breasts
– 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– 4 large potatoes
– 1/4 cup of butter
– 1/4 cup of milk
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Start by prepping the chicken. Place the chicken in a large bowl and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, or cayenne pepper.
2. In a shallow dish, mix the flour and baking soda together. Coat each piece of chicken in the flour mixture.
3. Preheat a griddle to medium-high heat and add a generous amount of oil. Once the griddle is hot, place the chicken breast and cook on one side for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
4. Peel and chop the potatoes into cubes and boil for about 15 minutes.
5. Once the potatoes are cooked, mash them with a fork and stir in butter, milk, salt, and pepper.
6. Serve your crispy and juicy griddle-fried chicken with a hearty side of mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Hack: To get the crispiest fried chicken on the griddle, try cutting each chicken breast in half.
– As an alternative, you can also use a skillet and vegetable oil for frying the chicken.
– For added flavor, top the mashed potatoes with seed butter and chives.
– Let the chicken rest for 3 minutes once done frying to let the juices set in.
– Serve with your favorite vegetables as a side dish.
– Add a sprinkle of your favorite spices to fry the chicken in a variety of flavors.
– This dish is great for meal prepping and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
I hope you enjoy this delicious Crispy and Comforting Griddle-Fried Chicken & Mashed Potatoes recipe. With its crispy exterior and comforting flavors, this recipe is sure to please.