Crispy and Delicious Griddle-Fried Fish & Chips Introduction
Get ready to indulge in an authentic, classic British dish: Crispy and Delicious Griddle-Fried Fish & Chips! With a side of tartar sauce and a simple salad, it’s the perfect, delicious meal that you can make right at home. And if you’re feeling extra creative, consider an alternate dish of your own creation. Spice things up with a Mexican-inspired take, featuring fish and fries that are dusted with a blend of Mexican chile spices, served with a zesty lime and cilantro sauce. Or forget the fries, and turn it into a seafood paella, featuring salmon and shrimp served with a saffron-infused butter sauce. Whatever you choose, you’re bound to enjoy this classic griddle-fried fish dish.
– 4 (6-8 ounce) fish fillets, such as cod, haddock, or bass
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
– 2 tablespoons of Crispy Fried Fish Breading of your choice
– 4 tablespoons butter
– 2 potatoes, cut into wedges
– 1 cup vegetable oil
– Additional seasonings, such as salt, pepper, or garlic powder
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise
– 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickles
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 2 teaspoons capers
– 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– Salt, to taste
– 2 cups of your favorite leafy greens
– 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
– 1/4 cup feta cheese
– 1/4 cup sliced red onions
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Juice from 1/2 lemon
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Start by rinsing the fish fillets, then pat dry and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, if desired.
2. In three shallow bowls, place the all-purpose flour, Old Bay seasoning, and Crispy Fried Fish Breading.
3. Coat each piece of fish in the flour, then shake off any excess. Dip into the Old Bay seasoning then finally the breading. Set aside.
4. Heat a griddle pan over medium-high heat and add the butter.
5. Place the potato wedges in the melted butter and season lightly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook for about 7 minutes, flipping halfway through.
6. Add the vegetable oil to the pan and bring to a medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the pieces of fish and fry for about 5 minutes, flipping once midway. Cook until golden and crispy.
7. Remove the fish and potato wedges from the heat and serve with tartar sauce, a simple salad, and some additional seasonings, if desired.
Try baking the fish and potato wedges in the oven instead of griddle-frying them. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and arrange the fish and potatoes on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and the potatoes are golden and crispy.
Tips & Suggestions
For a lighter version of the meal, try swapping out the fish for smoked salmon. Or, to make a vegan version of the dish, you can use vegan fish alternatives and vegan mayonnaise for the tartar sauce. For added nutrients, top the salad with sprouts, walnuts, or sunflower seeds. Finally, this dish pairs perfectly with a refreshing glass of white wine or beer. Enjoy!