Crispy Griddle-Cooked Bacon Introduction
Are you looking for an easy and delicious bacon recipe that’s sure to please the whole family? Look no further than this Crispy Griddle-Cooked Bacon. Simply fry thick-cut bacon strips on a griddle, and serve with a drizzle of maple syrup for added sweetness. Not a fan of maple syrup? No problem! You can also serve this with honey, brown sugar, or even go savory with a garlic-butter sauce. Whatever you choose, this bacon will make a delicious breakfast or brunch every time.
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• 8 thick-cut bacon strips
• ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
• ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• Maple syrup, to serve
1. Gently rub each bacon strip with olive oil, garlic powder, black pepper, and smoked paprika.
2. Preheat a griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Once the griddle or skillet is hot, add the bacon strips, being sure to keep them spaced apart and not overcrowding the griddle or skillet.
4. Cook each strip for 3-4 minutes on each side, until crispy and golden-brown.
5. Once the bacon is cooked and crispy, remove from the griddle or skillet and place onto a paper-towel-lined plate.
6. Serve the bacon with a generous drizzle of maple syrup.
For easy clean-up, put a piece of parchment paper down in the griddle or skillet before adding the bacon. This will help prevent the bacon grease from splattering and ensure an easy clean-up.
Tips and Suggestions
• Pair this bacon with eggs, pancakes or waffles for a delectable breakfast.
• For a lighter meal, serve with a bed of arugula and spinach.
• Rub some brown sugar on the bacon pieces before cooking, for added sweetness.
• For a savory flavor, use minced garlic or onions instead of garlic powder.
• For an extra crispy texture, try adding some crushed pork rinds before cooking.