Flavorful Griddle-Fried Chicken Fajitas Introduction
Flavorful Griddle-Fried Chicken Fajitas are a classic Mexican dish with a delicious blend of flavors and a satisfying crunch from being cooked on the griddle. This recipe is simple to make and easily customizable – you can serve with a side of refried beans and a simple salad, or switch up the flavor profile with other flavorings and seasonings. Serve warm and enjoy!
Alternative Flavor Profile Options
• Citrus-Lime: Add in 1 tsp. of fresh lime zest and 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice to the marinade, as well as a pinch of chili powder.
• Smoky-Chipotle: To the marinade, add 1 teaspoon of ground chipotle, 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
• Classic: Keep the recipe simple with a combination of garlic, cumin, and chili powder.
• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 bell peppers, julienned
• 1 large onion, julienned
• 8-10 Flour tortillas
1. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken strips and let marinate for 15-20 minutes.
2. Preheat a griddle or large skillet to medium-high heat. Add butter to the griddle and let melt.
3. When the griddle is hot, add the chicken strips and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Then add the bell peppers and onion and cook until vegetables are tender.
4. Meanwhile, warm the tortillas on a separate griddle over medium heat.
5. Serve the chicken fajitas with the bell peppers and onions, warm tortillas and any other desired toppings.
To get truly flavorful chicken fajitas, grill the chicken, bell peppers, and onions on a skillet over medium-high heat. The high heat will give an amazing grilled smoky flavor and a nice char on the outside.
• To make the meal healthier, skip the oil and butter, and opt for reduced-fat or whole wheat tortillas.
• You can add different toppings of your choosing, such as salsa, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, shredded cheese and cabbage.
• Add some extra flavor by adding diced jalapeños or pico de gallo.
• For a vegan option, replace the chicken with a vegan alternative, such as jackfruit or tempeh.
• Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in a skillet over medium heat.