Garlicky Griddle-Fried Shrimp Scampi Introduction
Bring a taste of Italy to your kitchen with Garlicky Griddle-Fried Shrimp Scampi! This classic Italian dish is made with simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions. Plus, it makes a great side to any meal. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also try a different flavor profile. For a spicy Asian twist, substitue the garlicky butter with coconut oil, substitute Italian seasoning with ginger powder, and add a pinch of chili powder.
– 16 ounces of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
– 4 cloves of minced garlic
– 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
– 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
– 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
– Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
1. Heat a cast iron griddle to a medium-high heat.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
3. Place the shrimp into the bowl and mix and coat in the butter mixture.
4. Working in batches, depending on the size of your griddle, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to the griddle and place the shrimp onto the surface. Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown.
5. When all of the shrimp is cooked, plate the shrimp and garnish with fresh parsley.
If you find yourself short on time and don’t feel like dealing with the mess from frying the shrimp, skip the potentially smoky pan-frying and cook the shrimp in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F, place the shrimp onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
Tips and Suggestions
Serve the dish with a side of garlic bread and a simple salad for a complete and delicious meal. This scampi also works great over a bed of linguine or pasta. To add a bit of extra flavor and protein, top the shrimp with crispy bacon or fried eggs. Lastly, if you or someone you’re serving isn’t a fan of shellfish, simply replace the shrimp with thin slices of chicken.