Griddle-Baked Breakfast Pizza Welcome to my Griddle-Baked Breakfast Pizza! This easy and delicious dish is sure to be appreciated and enjoyed by all, and can be customized based on personal taste. Add thyme and chives for a savory twist, or fresh tomatoes and basil for an Italian-inspired flavor; there’s plenty of creative and fun ways to be creative with this dish.
• 1 pound of thin-crust pizza dough
• 3 large eggs
• 2 cups shredded cheese, such as cheddar or mozzarella
• 6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
• 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, dill, or chives
• Olive oil, for greasing the griddle
1. Preheat a griddle over medium heat and lightly grease with olive oil.
2. Stretch the pizza dough to 12 inches in diameter and lay onto the griddle.
3. Spread the shredded cheese evenly over the pizza dough.
4. Whisk together the eggs and pour evenly over the pizza.
5. Place bacon crumbles over the pizza.
6. Bake the pizza on the hot griddle until the edges start to brown, about 8 minutes.
7. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the griddle with a lid. Cook for an additional 8 minutes until the egg is cooked through.
8. Carefully remove the pizza from the griddle, sprinkle with herbs and any additional toppings and serve.
Helpful Hack: For even crunchier bacon, cook the bacon before sprinkling it onto the pizza.
• To make this an even heartier meal, add sautéed mushrooms and bell peppers for an additional flavor and texture.
• Serve the pizza with a side of salsa, sour cream, or plain yogurt for an extra kick.
• To make the pizza even more indulgent, add in a sprinkle of crispy sausage crumbles.
• If you don’t have access to a griddle, you can also create the pizza on a pizza stone in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.