Griddle-Baked Churro Waffle Introduction: Get ready to take your churro game to the next level! With this incredible Griddle-Baked Churro Waffle recipe, you can enjoy the delicious flavors of a classic churro in a brand new, bite-sized form! Whether you’re looking for a decadent dessert, a unique breakfast option, or something to satisfy an afternoon snack craving, this Griddle-Baked Churro Waffle will always hit the spot. Plus, you can switch up the flavors for a different style of churro each time. For example, try adding a richer flavor profile with dark chocolate and hazelnut or a fruity twist with fresh berries and coconut.
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-2 teaspoons white sugar
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
-3/4 cup whole milk
-1/4 cup vegetable oil
-1 large egg
-1 tablespoon butter, melted
-1/4 cup of brown sugar
-For the topping:
-1/4 cup white sugar
-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the griddle to 375°F.
2. Whisk together the flour, white sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and cardamom in a medium-size bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, and egg. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Pour waffle batter onto the preheated griddle in 1/4 cup increments and spread out evenly.
5. Cook the waffle until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side.
6. Once the waffles are cooked, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and the topping mixture.
7. Serve with suggested sides of chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and cinnamon sugar and enjoy!
Helpful Hack: If you don’t have a griddle, you can also make these Griddle-Baked Churro Waffles in the waffle maker. Simply follow steps 2-6 as written, then cook in the waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Tips and Suggestions:
-For a gluten-free option, try using a gluten-free all-purpose flour mix.
-To reduce the amount of added sugar, replace half of the white and brown sugars with honey.
-Experiment with different flavors and spices to create new, delicious churro waffle combinations.
-Try adding fresh or frozen berries to the batter for some fruity flavors and added nutrition.
-These Griddle-Baked Churro Waffles can also be enjoyed cold as an easy breakfast or snack for the week.