Griddle-Baked Strawberry Shortcake Introduction:
Welcome to Griddle-Baked Strawberry Shortcake, a simple yet scrumptious dish! This recipe combines sweet strawberries with a light and flaky biscuit-style cake, all perfectly cooked to order on a griddle or large skillet. To take it to the next level, top with a generous amount of whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and even more juicy strawberries. Feeling adventurous? Add a sprinkle of brown sugar or some orange zest for fun flavor twists. Enjoy!
For the Cake:
– 1 cup All-purpose Flour
– 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
– ¼ teaspoon Salt
– ¼ cup Cold Unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces
– 2/3 cup Whole Milk, warm
For the Topping:
– ½ cup Fresh Strawberries, diced
– ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
– Whipped Cream, for serving
– Chocolate Syrup, for serving
– Fresh Strawberries, for serving
1. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Add the butter and use a pastry cutter to combine with the flour until the mixture resembles a coarse crumb.
3. Add the warm milk and mix until everything comes together and forms a soft dough.
4. Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat and make sure it is lightly greased.
5. Divide the dough into four round pieces and place them on the griddle.
6. Cook the cakes on each side until they become golden and fluffy.
7. In a separate bowl, mix together the diced strawberries and granulated sugar.
8. Place the cooked cakes on plates and top with the strawberry mixture.
9. Serve with lots of whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and fresh strawberries, if desired.
Helpful Hack: To make the cake super fluffy and light, add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar to the milk before adding it to the dough.
Additional Tips and Suggestions:
– To really make this dish special, try using a combination of other berries like raspberries or blueberries.
– Feel free to adjust the amount of sugar in the strawberry topping to make it as sweet or as tart as you like.
– For extra crunch and texture, top the shortcake with chopped nuts or coconut flakes just before serving.
– Enjoy the shortcake warm or at room temperature – either way it’s sure to be a hit.