Griddle-Cooked Veggie Omelette Welcome to the world of culinary delights! Our Griddle-Cooked Veggie Omelette is an easy, wholesome, and delicious meal that is full of flavor, loaded with roasted veggies and garnished with sliced avocado. With different flavor style options, it can be easily adapted to suit everyone’s tastes.
– 2 cups of diced, roasted root vegetables (squash, sweet potato, or other root veggies of your choice)
– 12 eggs
– ½ cup of diced onion
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– ¼ cup of shredded cheese
– Small handful of fresh herbs (thyme, oregano, rosemary, or dill of your choice)
– ¼ teaspoon of each garlic powder and sea salt
– ¼ teaspoon of cracked black pepper
– 1 avocado, sliced for garnish
1. Preheat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
2. Beat the 12 eggs in a large bowl, and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder as desired.
3. Add the diced onion, herbs and roasted vegetables to the eggs and stir to combine.
4. Add the olive oil to the skillet or griddle and swirl it around to coat the surface.
5. Pour the omelette mixture into the skillet or griddle and spread it out evenly to make one large omelette.
6. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the omelette.
7. Reduce the heat to medium, cover the skillet or griddle and cook the omelette for 10-12 minutes until it is cooked through and golden.
8. To make sure the omelette is cooked through, use a spatula to lift up the sides and check.
9. Slide the omelette onto a plate and top with sliced avocado. Serve and enjoy!
Flavor Style Options:
– Mexican: Add jalapeno peppers and cilantro to the omelette mix, and substitute the cheese with crumbly Mexican cheese.
– Mediterranean: Add olives, artichoke hearts, and sun-dried tomatoes to the omelette mix, and substitute the cheese with feta or goat cheese.
– Greek: Add spinach and diced red peppers to the omelette mix, and substitute the cheese with feta.
Helpful Hacks: Use cooked vegetables from your refrigerator for a more time-efficient meal.
Tips and Suggestions:
– Serve with a side of toasted bread and a salad
– Use whatever vegetables you have on hand
– garnish with your favorite herbs for added flavor
– Feel free to use different cheese varieties and experiment with various ingredients for a unique flavor profile
– Try adding some smoked salmon or bacon for a delicious twist!