Griddle-Fried Chicken Sandwich Introducing the Crispy Griddle-Fried Chicken Sandwich! This hearty and delightful sandwich packs an amazing punch with its tantalizing combination of delicious crispy chicken, tangy pickles, and mayo, all wrapped up in a toasty brioche bun. With the right combination of crispy and crunchy, tangy and savory, this sandwich is sure to be a hit with your friends and family!
Whether you prefer a more classic flavor profile with a subtle smokey flavor or some spiciness for an extra kick of flavor, you can customize this sandwich to suit your own unique tastes. Take it up a notch and add some spices like paprika, cayenne, and black pepper, or try a more traditional Southern-style seasoning blend.
– 2 large chicken fillets
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– ¼ cup all-purpose flour
– ¼ teaspoon paprika (optional)
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
– ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 brioche buns, toasted
– 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
– 2-3 slices pickles
1. Cut the chicken fillets into thin strips. Season with garlic powder, black pepper, and paprika.
2. Place the flour, panko breadcrumbs, and cayenne pepper (if desired) in separate shallow bowls.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
4. Working one at a time, coat the chicken strips in flour and shake off any excess. Dip the chicken strips in the panko breadcrumbs and coat evenly, then dip in the olive oil to help the breadcrumbs to stick.
5. Place the chicken strips on the hot skillet or griddle and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side until golden and crispy.
6. Assemble the sandwiches by spreading mayonnaise on the toasted buns, adding the crispy fried chicken strips, pickles, and any additional condiments of choice. Serve immediately.
Hack: Pan-frying the chicken strips in a little bit of oil will also yield a crunchy, juicy, and delicious result.
Tips & Suggestions:
– If you are not a fan of mayonnaise, you can swap it out for mustard, pesto, or another condiment of choice.
– Instead of pickles, try adding tomatoes, crisp lettuce, avocado, or bacon for extra flavor.
– This sandwich is best served hot and fresh, with a side of chips and a dill pickle spear.
– For an even crispier chicken, try air frying the chicken strips for an extra crunch.