Griddle-Fried Nutella & Banana Quesadilla Introduction
Welcome to the home of the ultimate quesadilla – the Griddle-Fried Nutella & Banana Quesadilla. This recipe provides an irresistible combination of flavors that no one will be able to resist. The freshly griddled warm tortilla provides the perfect backdrop for a pocket of melty Nutella and creamy banana slices. To complete the classic treat, we suggest garnishing your masterpiece with a drizzle of chocolate syrup, marshmallow fluff, and graham cracker crumbs. Enjoy!
For those seeking slightly different flavors, we suggest the following modifications:
• Freshly-grated cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon
• Berries and cream cheese
• Greek yogurt, banana slices and honey
• Sliced apples and caramel sauce
• 2 (10-inch) flour tortillas
• 4 tablespoons Nutella
• 3 ripe bananas, sliced
• 2 tablespoons butter
• Chocolate syrup, marshmallow fluff and graham cracker crumbs, to garnish
1. Spread Nutella evenly on one tortilla.
2. Place banana slices on top of the Nutella and top with the remaining tortilla.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter to the skillet.
4. Once the butter has melted, add the quesadilla to the skillet, pressing down lightly.
5. Cook for two to three minutes, until brown and crispy. Flip and cook on the other side for two to three minutes, until the second side is golden brown.
6. Transfer to a plate and drizzle with chocolate syrup, marshmallow fluff and graham cracker crumbs.
7. Cut into eighth’s and serve.
A helpful hack for this style of recipe is to slightly reduce the butter. This helps to prevent the quesadilla from becoming overly greasy and allows more of the flavor from the Nutella and bananas to come through.
Tips & Suggestions
• For added texture, mix some cacao nibs into the melted Nutella before spreading onto the tortillas.
• For a vegan version, substitute vegan margarine for the butter and vegan cream cheese for the Nutella.
• For a low-carb option, use almond or coconut flour tortillas instead of flour.
• If the quesadilla is too brown before the center is melted, lower the heat slightly and cover with a lid.
• Serve with a side of fresh fruit, yogurt or a light garden salad.