Griddle-Fried Rice & Chicken Bowl Hey there, friends! This Griddle-Fried Rice & Chicken Bowl is a delicious and simple way to enjoy a homemade teriyaki bowl without any difficulty. If your taste buds are feeling like something a little more exotic, add Szechuan peppers, soy sauce, and a touch of sugar for a spicy Asian twist. Or, try adding a pinch of smoked paprika and a pinch of cumin for a Mexican flair.
– 2 cups cooked white rice
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– half of an onion, diced
– 1 bell pepper, diced
– 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
– 2 teaspoons soy sauce
– 1/4 cup frozen peas
– 2 eggs
Special Preparation: None
1. Heat a large griddle or skillet over high heat.
2. Add olive oil, onion, bell pepper, diced chicken, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Saute for about 5 minutes, until vegetables are softened and chicken is cooked through.
4. Add the cooked white rice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and frozen peas.
5. Stir-fry the mixture for an additional 3-4 minutes.
6. Push the mixture to the side of the griddle and crack two eggs in the center.
7. Scramble the eggs, stirring them into the rice mixture.
8. Serve hot with a side of crispy griddle-fried rice and a griddle-grilled chicken breast.
Meal Prep Hack: If you’re short on time, you can make this dish ahead of time and refrigerate. When you’re ready to eat, simply heat up the rice in the skillet/griddle and add the cooked chicken and vegetables.
Tips & Suggestions:
– Serve the Griddle-Fried Rice & Chicken Bowl with extra teriyaki sauce, sriracha, or your favorite condiment.
– Try adding other vegetables to the dish like carrots, broccoli, or mushrooms.
– Add diced green onions on top for an extra bit of flavor.
– Use left-over cooked vegetables or rotisserie chicken to make it an even faster meal.
– For a more complete meal, serve your bowl with a side of fresh fruit or steamed vegetables.