Griddle-Fried Rice & Chicken
This classic Chinese dish on a griddle will fill you up with a wholesome flavor and hearty meal! Griddle-Fried Rice & Chicken is a delicious combination of flavors and textures, and can provide an amazing centerpiece that’s sure to please.
For variations on this classic Griddle-Fried Rice & Chicken dish, try adding a variety of flavors and herbs such as ginger, shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Or, you can create a flavorful and smoky version by adding sofrito, tomato, and smoked paprika.
– 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts or 4 boneless chicken thighs, sliced into bite-sized pieces
– 4 tablespoons of cooking oil
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
– 2 cups uncooked white rice
– 2 ½ cups chicken stock
– 1/4teaspoon of salt
-4 green onions, thinly sliced
-1/4 cup of frozen peas
-1/4 cup of carrots, chopped
-1/4 cup of red bell pepper, chopped
-1/4 cup of frozen corn
-1 egg, beaten
1. Heat two tablespoons of cooking oil on the griddle over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken to the griddle and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
3. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
4. Add uncooked rice to the skillet and stir to combine.
5. Add chicken stock, salt, green onions, peas, carrots, red bell pepper, and corn and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the liquid is evaporated and the rice is tender.
7. In a separate bowl, beat the egg and then stir it into the skillet.
8. Stir the egg with the rice until it is evenly incorporated.
9. Finally, heat the remaining two tablespoons of cooking oil in the skillet and stir in the rice, chicken, and vegetables to combine.
10. Serve Griddle-Fried Rice & Chicken with steamed vegetables and a simple salad.
Helpful Hack: When preparing this Griddle-Fried Rice & Chicken, you can use pre-cooked chicken to shorten the cooking time. Simply add at the end and warm through before serving.
Tips & Suggestions:
– For a vegetarian version, omit the chicken and use vegetable stock.
– To make the dish spicier, add more red pepper flakes.
– Serve with a side of soy sauce or Sriracha for extra flavor.
– Enjoy this dish with a glass of white wine or beer.
– Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.