“Ah, griddle-fried rice & fruit bowl – the perfect combination of creamy and juicy!
Whether it’s for a quick midweek dinner or a special weekend lunch, this dish has something for everyone and can be spruced up with some added sides. Griddle-fried rice with fruit bowl is easy to prepare and makes for a great go-to recipe.
This dish not only tastes great but it is also vegan and gluten-free, making it a great experience for all kinds of diets. The rice is rich and creamy, while the fruits are juicy and sweet – the perfect balance!
The best part about this dish is that it can be easily adapted to suit various tastes and dietary requirements. For example, if you’re vegan – leaving out the egg will still give you a great result. And if you’re gluten-free – try using wild rice or quinoa instead of white rice.
Here’s how to make the perfect griddle-fried rice & fruit bowl:
-2 cups cooked white rice
-1 tablespoon vegetable oil
-1 diced onion
-1 diced carrot
-1 diced red bell pepper
-2 cloves of garlic, minced
-½ cup frozen peas
-1 cup diced fresh fruit (e.g. mango, strawberry, banana, pineapple, etc.)
-2 beaten eggs
-2 tablespoons soy sauce
-2 tablespoons sesame oil
-1 tablespoon honey
-Salt & pepper
1. Heat a large non-stick griddle or skillet over medium heat. Add vegetable oil and onion and cook until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
2. Add the carrot and red bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, peas and cooked rice, and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Push the rice mixture to one side of the griddle, then pour in the beaten eggs.
5. Stir the eggs continuously until the eggs are cooked through.
6. Add the diced fruit, soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey.
7. Mix all of the ingredients together and season with salt & pepper.
8. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
9. Serve in individual bowls.
-Diced green onions
-Toasted sesame seeds
When you’re serving this dish, make sure to use a spoon or spatula to mix everything together. This will ensure that every bite contains a bit of each ingredient. You can also use a skillet to fry it, in which case you’ll have to make sure to stir everything very often.
Griddle-fried rice & fruit bowl is a great go-to option that can be enjoyed in different ways. Plus, it’s a vegan and gluten-free dish, so everyone can enjoy it.
With a few simple tweaks, you can adapt it to suit all kinds of tastes, making it a great option for weeknight dinners, weekend lunches and even special occasions. Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed!