Griddle-Fried Rice Pudding Welcome to my Griddle-Fried Rice Pudding! This classic dessert is guaranteed to tantalize tastebuds, with just the right balance of warm and crunchy, buttery and sweet. Get ready to wow your family with this scrumptious creation!
If you’re looking for a different flavor profile for this dish, try adding cinnamon and nutmeg for a delicious twist. You can also substitute out the rice for other grains like quinoa or oats to create a unique dish.
– 2 cups long grain white rice, rinsed and cooked
– 2 eggs
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons raisins
– Salt to taste
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 cup cream
– Desired toppings, like caramel sauce, whipped cream, nuts, etc
1. Preheat your griddle over medium heat.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, and brown sugar.
3. Add the cooked rice to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
4. Spread the rice mixture evenly on the griddle, pressing lightly with the back of the spoon to ensure it is flat.
5. Sprinkle the raisins, cinnamon, and salt evenly over the rice and let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Flip the rice pudding, and add cream. Cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
7. Serve the warm Griddle-Fried Rice Pudding with desired toppings, like caramel sauce, whipped cream, or nuts. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks:
1. To make the dish more nutritious, try adding a handful of raisins, dried cranberries, or dried apricots to the rice mixture.
2. Make sure to not add too much salt to the dish as the toppings may contain enough salt.
3. If you like your Griddle-Fried Rice Pudding extra crunchy, try adding a few tablespoons of crushed nuts or cereal for an extra crispy texture.
4. Serve with your favorite caramel sauce, whipped cream, and nuts for a special treat.
There you have it – the Griddle-Fried Rice Pudding that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! Enjoy!