Griddle-Fried Shrimp Tacos Let’s get sizzlin’ with these packed and flavorful Griddle-Fried Shrimp Tacos! These tacos feature succulent fried shrimp topped with a creamy chipotle sauce and served in warm and crispy corn tortillas. If you want to mix it up, change the flavor profile by using breaded fish, a zesty habanero sauce, or a traditional lime-cilantro coleslaw. Either way, your taste buds will be delighted!
– 1 pound of shrimp, peeled, deveined and divided into 8-12 evenly sized pieces
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1/2 cup light beer
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1/2 cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced
– 8-12 corn tortillas
1. Begin by seasoning your shrimp: In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Add the shrimp to the flour mixture and stirt until all the shrimp pieces are fully coated.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the vegetable oil. When the oil becomes hot, add the shrimp to the skillet in batches. Fry each side for about 1-2 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy. Work in batches to ensure the shrimp cook evenly.
3. While the shrimp fry, prepare the creamy chipotle sauce: In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, chipotle peppers, and cilantro. Stir until the ingredients are well incorporated.
4. Heat the corn tortillas in a griddle pan until they become warm and golden.
5. Assemble the tacos by layering some of the shrimp in each tortilla and topping with the cream chipotle sauce.
HACK: To make these tacos even easier to prepare, consider grilling your shrimp or using leftovers from a previous meal.
Tips and Suggestions:
– Serve the tacos with a side of Mexican-style rice and a wedge of lime.
– These tacos can easily be made vegan by substituting the shrimp for tofu.
– For an extra zesty kick, top with some diced red onions and avocado slices.
– Nutritional information per serving: Calories 319, Fat 9g, Protein 16g, Carbohydrates 36g, Dietary Fiber 4g.