Griddle-Grilled Breakfast Panini Introducing the Griddle-Grilled Breakfast Panini: a delectable, savory sandwich like no other. This flavorful breakfast sandwich is stuffed with ooey, gooey egg, bacon, and cheese, and then topped with creamy pesto and vibrant tomatoes. You can also customize this sandwich with alternative flavors like a sage-infused sausage and onion mixture, pepper jack cheese and salsa, or a spicy jalapeno pesto and roasted cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!
– 2 slices of sourdough bread
– 2 eggs
– 2 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
– 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
– 1/4 cup of basil pesto
– 2-3 slices of ripe tomato
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat a griddle pan to medium-high heat.
2. Crack both eggs into a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and whisk together.
3. Add a teaspoon of oil to the preheated pan, and pour the eggs in. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are scrambled.
4. Toast the sourdough slices on the griddle pan.
5. Top one slice with the cooked eggs, bacon, and cheese.
6. Spread the pesto on the other slice of toast.
7. Top the pesto with the tomato slices.
8. Carefully place the two slices together and press down with a spatula.
9. Grill until the sandwiches are toasted and the cheese is melted.
10. Serve your Griddle-Grilled Breakfast Panini warm and enjoy!
Hack: Save time in the mornings by pre-cooking the bacon and keeping it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Tips and Suggestions:
– Try adding sautéed mushrooms and spinach for an extra veggie boost.
– Make it vegetarian-friendly by omitting the bacon and adding a tablespoon of your favorite vegan cheese.
– Swap out the pesto for your favorite store-bought spread, like sun-dried tomato mayo or spicy creamy Sriracha.
– Serve the paninis with a side of fresh fruit or yogurt for a balance of protein and complex carbohydrates.
– Make extra paninis and wrap them in parchment paper or tin foil – they’re great for an easy lunch on the go!