If you love the outdoors and cooking, you will love griddling! Whether an amateur or a pro, you can use a griddle for cooking some pretty delicious creations. One of the tastiest and most popular treats is the Griddle-Grilled Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich!
Whether you’re whipping up a quick snack or hosting a summer BBQ, this sandwich offers the perfect combination of chocolate and chewy cookies that will certainly satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth.
To make a Griddle-Grilled Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups good-quality chocolate chips
- Marshmallow fluff
- Chocolate syrup
1. Preheat your griddle to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, and then add the vanilla.
4. Gradually add in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Take spoonfuls of the cookie dough and spread them evenly on the preheated griddle, leaving room for the cookies to spread.
7. Cook the cookies for 4-5 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and slightly crispy.
8. Remove the cooked cookies from the griddle and let them cool on a wire rack.
9. Spread small amounts of marshmallow fluff on the bottom of one cookie and top with a generous helping of chocolate chips. Place the top cookie on top, marshmallow side down. Gently press the cookie down so the sandwich looks neat and the marshmallow fluff spreads evenly.
10. Top with a light drizzle of chocolate syrup and some sprinkles.
One of the biggest pros is that you can choose whatever type of chocolate chips you prefer and can customize the sandwich to suit any dietary requirements. Also, it’s easy to make and doesn’t require a lot of effort or time.
Embellishing the sandwich with chocolate syrup and sprinkles gives it a special touch and makes it more exciting and enjoyable to eat. On the other hand, some of the cons include that it can be difficult to spread the cookie dough evenly on the griddle.
The cookies may not cook evenly and might require more time or a different technique to get the desired result. Additionally, the chocolate chips may not melt completely and the sandwich could end up being dry and lacking flavor.
There you have it — a delicious and fun dessert everyone will love. There are a few pros and cons to making a Griddle-Grilled Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich.
Overall, the Griddle-Grilled Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich is an easy and fun way to satisfy your sweet tooth. There are lots of options for customizing the sandwich to suit different tastes and dietary needs. With a little bit of practice and patience, you can master this delicious treat and impress your friends and family.