Griddle-Grilled Cinnamon Roll Sandwich Introduction:
Welcome to the perfect sandwich for your brunch spot or any sweet tooth craving – the Griddle-Grilled Cinnamon Roll Sandwich! Served with a side of your favorite topping (Whipped Cream, Powdered Sugar, Caramel Sauce), this deliciously gooey sandwich can be enjoyed as-is for a traditional cinnamon-y flavor, or customized with your favorite flavors to suit everyone’s tastes.
Alternative Flavor Style Options:
• Chocolate Chip: Fold in your favorite mini-chocolate chips into the cinnamon roll dough for a double dose of sweetness.
• Berries: Rim the edges of the sandwich with sweet raspberries or blueberries to add a fruity touch.
• Brown Sugar: Add a sprinkle of light-brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to the dough for an extra swerve of deliciousness.
• 2 pre-made cinnamon roll dough squares
• 2 tablespoons butter
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/3 cup sugar
• Whipped Cream, Powdered Sugar, and/or Caramel Sauce, to taste
1. Preheat a griddle pan to medium-high heat.
2. Spread the butter over one side of each cinnamon roll dough square.
3. In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar until combined.
4. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over one side of each dough square.
5. Place the dough squares on the preheated griddle, sugar-side down.
6. Cook the sandwiches for 3-4 minutes, until the dough has browned and the sugar has melted.
7. Flip the dough squares, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
8. Remove from the griddle, and let cool slightly before serving.
9. Serve the sandwiches as-is or with your favorite toppings, such as Whipped Cream, Powdered Sugar, or Caramel Sauce. Enjoy!
To make the Griddle-Grilled Cinnamon Roll Sandwich even easier, use pre-made cinnamon roll dough. Just skip the butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar steps and proceed directly to step #5.
Tips & Suggestions:
• Feel free to customize your Griddle-Grilled Cinnamon Roll Sandwich by adding different flavors and spices to the dough, such as chocolate chips, berries, and brown sugar.
• If you’d like your sandwich to be extra gooey and sticky, pour a few tablespoons of butter and/or caramel sauce over the cooked sandwich before serving.
• To make your sandwich extra special, garnish with a fresh mint leaf or a drizzle of fruit syrup.
• The Griddle-Grilled Cinnamon Roll Sandwich can be served warm, cold, or at room temperature, and make a great accompaniment to caffeinated beverages or a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.