Griddle-Grilled Fruit Skewers Introducing Griddle-Grilled Fruit Skewers for the perfect end-of-summer cookout! Whether you like a twist of heat and spice or the sweetness of extra honey and coconut flakes, these delicious and easy-to-make skewers offer something for everyone.
– 2 cups of cubed, peeled fruit (watermelon, pineapple, and/or mango)
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 tablespoons of your favorite chili peppers (for a spicy option add jalapeno or habanero peppers, for a mild option use bell peppers)
– 2 tablespoons of honey
– 1 tablespoon of lime juice
– 2 tablespoons of shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes
– Pinch of fresh ground sea salt
– Wood or metal skewers
1. Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat.
2. While preheating the griddle, thread the cubed fruit onto the skewers and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, chopped peppers, honey, lime juice, shredded coconut flakes and sea salt.
4. Place the skewers onto the hot griddle and brush with the oil, pepper and honey mixture.
5. Grill for about two minutes on each side until lightly charred and the fruit is softened slightly.
6. Remove from griddle and serve with a side of your favorite chocolate syrup, honey or coconut flakes.
Cooking Hack: Soak the skewers before grilling by placing them in a shallow baking dish filled with water for at least 15 minutes. This will help prevent them from getting overly charred while grilling.
– Be sure to trim any fruit cubes too large to fit onto the skewers.
– If grilling a combination of fruits, make sure to keep the same varieties together on each skewer.
– If you prefer a spicier skewer, you can add some chili powder to the marinade for an extra kick.
– For a sweeter taste, brush your skewers with a sprinkle of extra honey before serving.
– Serve the skewers with your favorite salad or side of grilled vegetables for a full meal.
– The skewers can be placed on a sheet pan in the oven for a quick and easy healthy dessert!