Griddle-Grilled Peach & Blueberry Crisp Introduction
Welcome friends! Discover the perfect way to put your ripe summer peaches and blueberries to use in this Griddle-Grilled Peach & Blueberry Crisp recipe. Enjoy a classic summer treat on the grill that’s just as sweet and satisfying as an oven-baked version! With notes of cinnamon and nutmeg, this crisp comes out perfectly juicy and tender plus lightly charred. Opt for another flavor style of crisp with this adaptation – replace the blueberries with pears or apples and replace the nutmeg and cinnamon with cardamom and allspice. Whatever variations you chose, this Griddle-Grilled Peach & Blueberry Crisp will become a summer staple.
– 4 peaches, sliced into ⅓” thick slices
– 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
– ½ cup light brown sugar
– Zest of 1 orange
– 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– 2 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
– Ice cream, whipped cream, and caramel sauce for serving
1. Preheat your griddle over medium heat.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, orange zest, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
3. Arrange the sliced peaches and blueberries on the hot griddle and sprinkle the dry mixture over the fruit. Dot the top with the cubes of butter.
4. Grill the fruit crisp mixture for 8-10 minutes, or until the fruit is tender and the topping is nicely golden-brown.
5. Serve the Griddle-Grilled Peach & Blueberry Crisp warm with a scoop of your favorite ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Hacks and Tips
– To make your crisp even more delicious, add a few drops of almond extract to the dry mixture for an added layer of flavor.
– Switch out the ice cream for Greek yogurt for a twist on a healthier dessert.
– Use this same griddle-grilled technique for other fruits such as strawberries, blackberries, plums, and nectarines.
– When grilled at the right temperature, the fruit will caramelize, releasing its natural sugars and create a wonderful flavor.