Griddle-Grilled Peach & Cherry Pie Introduction:
Griddle-Grilled Peach & Cherry Pie is a classic summertime sweet treat that can’t be beat! With a buttery and flaky crust and the sweet, juicy flavor of peaches and cherries, this is the perfect dessert for any gathering. If those peaches and cherries aren’t sending your tastebuds on a summer vacation, why not try out some other flavor combinations like griddle-grilled blueberry, raspberry, or mango? All you need is a few ingredients, a good eye for getting the crust just right, and you will have the perfect griddle-grilled pie.
– 1 pre-made 9 inch Pie crust (homemade or store-bought are both fine)
– Two Large Peaches, diced into small-medium cubes
– One Cup of Cherries, diced into small-medium cubes
– 3 Tablespoons of Butter
– ¼ Cup of Turbinado Sugar
– 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
– ½ Teaspoon of Sea Salt
– Whipped Cream, Caramel Sauce, and Vanilla Ice Cream for Serving (optional)
1. Preheat your griddle over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
2. Mix the butter, turbinado sugar, vanilla extract, and sea salt in a bowl until evenly combined.
3. Place the prepared pie crust on the hot griddle, spreading the butter mix evenly over the crust.
4. Sprinkle the diced peaches and cherries over the top of the crust.
5. Cover the griddle and cook for 15 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and the fruit is soft.
6. Remove the Pie from the griddle and let it cool for 10 minutes.
7. Serve warm with Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, or Caramel Sauce.
Helpful Hack: For an extra-crispy crust, you can brush melted butter on the dough before sprinkling on the sugar mix.
Tips & Suggestions:
– Make sure you don’t overfill the Pie to avoid messy spills.
– If you’re feeling extra creative, you can top the Pie with cinnamon sugar for a slightly different flavor.
– If you’re looking for a light-and-healthy twist on the classic Griddle-Grilled Peach & Cherry Pie, try substituting the butter and turbinado sugar with honey and adding some rolled oats for crunch.
– For an added zest, squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the Pie for a deliciously tangy finish.