Griddle-Grilled Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich Introducing the Griddle-Grilled Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich—a delicious classic combo for any meal. This sandwich makes an easy and satisfying lunch or dinner, with a few extras side dishes. Potato chips, fresh fruit, or salted caramel sauce can add a hint of extra flavor if desired. Or, try different variations like a cinnamon-baked French toast and maple-syrup fix, or a savory cheese-filled grilled sandwich. The possibilities for this sandwich are endless!
– 2 slices of white sandwich bread
– 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
– 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
– 1 tablespoon butter
– Before preparing the sandwich, preheat your griddle or skillet to medium heat.
1. Spread one side of each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
2. Place the banana slices onto the peanut butter on one of the slices of bread, spreading them evenly.
3. Place the remaining slice of bread on top of the banana slices.
4. Place 1 tablespoon of butter onto the preheated griddle or skillet, and then put the peanut butter and banana sandwich onto the griddle.
5. Grill each side of the sandwich for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Serve the sandwich hot and enjoy!
For an extra crispy sandwich, preheat the griddle to medium-high heat, and carefully press down with a spatula to lightly press the sandwich while it’s cooking.
– Serve the griddle-grilled peanut butter & banana sandwich with a variety of sides, like potato chips, fresh fruit, or a drizzle of salted caramel sauce.
– The sandwich can also be made in a panini press for an even faster preparation time.
– Experiment with different peanut butter and banana pairings, like adding a sprinkle of cinnamon or a thin layer of honey for more unique flavors.
– Unused banana slices can be frozen for smoothies or banana bread.
– Use low-sugar recipes for an even healthier meal.