Griddle-Grilled Portobello Mushroom Sandwich Welcome to the world of deliciousness, friends! Introducing, Griddle-Grilled Portobello Mushroom Sandwich with
#Creamy Balsamic Glaze
, toasted on a Ciabatta Roll for an unforgettable experience. Not only is this dish surprisingly easy to make, but it also has multiple flavor profiles to choose from: classic Italian, sweet & tangy, or savory.
• 4 large Portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
• 4 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 teaspoon garlic poweder
• ½ teaspoon oregano
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
• 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoon water
• 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
• 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 2 Ciabatta rolls
1. Preheat a griddle or grill to medium heat.
2. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, sea salt, and pepper.
3. Coat the mushrooms on both sides with the spice blend and then place them on the griddle.
4. Grill the mushrooms on each side for 3-5 minutes, until slightly charred.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, water, mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard.
6. When the mushrooms are done cooking, brush them with the balsamic glaze.
7. Toast the Ciabatta rolls on the griddle for 2-3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
8. Assemble the sandwich by adding two slices of mushroom onto each roll, top with the glaze, and enjoy!
Helpful Hack: For a flavor-packed sandwich, consider grilling the rolls with the mushrooms.
Tips & Suggestions:
• For an extra layer of freshness, add baby spinach to the sandwich.
• If you want to make the sandwich gluten-free, use gluten-free rolls.
• Serve with your favorite sides – like a refreshing kale salad or roasted potatoes!
• For a richer flavor, substitute the mayonnaise for a garlic-infused olive oil.
• For an Italian twist, try adding some roasted bell peppers, pesto, and chopped olives.