Griddle-Grilled Swordfish Steak Hey foodies, welcome to the best griddle-grilled swordfish steak dinner ever! With the perfect balance between savory and juicy, the swordfish steak is sure to take center stage on your dinner plate. The roasted vegetables and simple salad provide both nutrition and flavor, making this a dinner you’ll definitely want to make again.
This delicious dinner recipe will come together even easier with a few flavor style options that you can mix and match. For a zesty and tangy twist, add a some fresh citrus or pickling juice to your marinade. If you’re a fan of sweet and salty flavors, you could add some soy sauce and brown sugar to the mix. For a spicy kick, sprinkle some chili flakes into the marinade for a fun and flavorful dinner.
Gather all your ingredients:
• 2 swordfish steaks, about 1-inch thick
• 4-5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
• ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
• Roast vegetables of your choice
• Salad of your choice
• Optional ingredients for flavor profiles
Now let’s get started on this delicious dinner!
1. Start by marinating the swordfish steaks. To make the marinade, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Add any additional ingredients you want to use for flavor profiles, and mix to combine. Then, transfer the steaks to the marinade and let them sit for 15-20 minutes or up to overnight.
2. Preheat your griddle over high heat. Once the griddle is hot, lightly brush it with a small amount of oil to keep the swordfish from sticking.
3. Place the swordfish steaks onto the preheated griddle. Let them cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until lightly charred and cooked through.
4. While the swordfish steak is cooking, prepare your vegetables and salad accordingly.
5. Serve the swordfish steak with the roast vegetables and salad.
A helpful hack for dinner meals that involve a protein like the swordfish steaks, is to use the same marinade for the vegetables as well. This adds an extra layer of flavor to the dinner.
Tips & Suggestions:
• Make sure to wait until the griddle is hot before adding the swordfish steaks, this will help them cook evenly on both sides.
• To make the dinner more filling, add a side of rice or potatoes.
• For a healthier dinner, swap out the vegetables for green leafy vegetables.
• Top the dinner with some freshly chopped herbs for an extra kick of flavor.
• For a vegetarian option, substitute the swordfish steak with mushrooms or plant-based proteins.