Griddle-Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Introducing Griddle-Grilled Teriyaki Chicken! Are you ready for indulgence? This classic take-out dish comes together with ease and deliciousness when you grill it up on a griddle. It’s the perfect way to enjoy an exotic touch to your dinner table. For alternate flavors, we recommend two other variations for your taste buds—Griddle-Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken and Griddle-Grilled Lemon Butter Chicken.
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
– ¼ cup mirin, or dry white wine or dry sherry
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons canola oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
– Steamed rice and a simple vegetable stir-fry
1. Combine the soy sauce, mirin, sugar, flour and oil in a shallow bowl and mix until combined.
2. Place the chicken breasts in the marinade, coating both sides. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the griddle to medium heat.
4. Place the chicken breasts on the griddle and cook for 4-6 minutes per side, until cooked through and lightly charred.
5. Once cooked, transfer the chicken onto a plate and keep warm.
6. In the same pan, add the minced garlic and grated ginger, stirring and sautéing for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add the remaining marinade to the pan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
8. Reduce the heat and let the sauce thicken, stirring occasionally.
9. Once the sauce has reduced, pour over the chicken breasts.
10. Serve over steamed rice and a simple vegetable stir-fry.
Helpful Hack: For an easy dinner hack, cook the chicken a day ahead of time and assemble the night of. Simply warm the cooked chicken in the sauce at the time of serving.
Tips and Suggestions:
– For added flavor add thinly sliced scallions to the marinade.
– For added crunch, sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds over the cooked chicken.
– Serve this dish with a side of steamed vegetables for a balanced, healthy meal.
– For a spicier version, add a pinch of red chili pepper flakes to the sauce.
– Substitute the chicken with pork tenderloin or tofu for a vegetarian version.
– For a vegan version, replace the honey with maple syrup or agave.