Griddle-Grilled Tuna Salad Sandwich Welcome to my recipe for Griddle-Grilled Tuna Salad Sandwich! This simple and delicious sandwich is easy to make and offers a great lunchtime option. It is also incredibly versatile – tailor the flavors to your taste or try one of the flavor variations below!
#Griddle-Grilled Fresh Tuna
: 1 lb tuna cut into 4-ounce fillets
#Creamy Celery & Mayo Salad
: ½ cup mayonnaise, 2 stalks celery diced, 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped), 2 tablespoons red onion (diced)
#Toasted Rye Bread
: 4 slices rye bread
1. Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat and spray lightly with cooking oil.
2. Place the tuna fillets on the griddle and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until the center is cooked through. Set aside to cool.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, parsley, and red onion. Mix together to create the creamy celery and mayo salad.
4. Toast the slices of rye bread in a toaster or on the griddle until lightly golden.
5. To assemble the sandwiches, spread the creamy celery and mayo salad on one side of each slice of rye bread.
6. Place a tuna fillet on top of one slice of bread, then top with the remaining slice of bread.
7. Serve and enjoy!
– Capers & Dill: Swap out the creamy celery & mayo for a mixture of 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons capers (drained and chopped), and 1/4 teaspoon dill.
– Pesto: Replace the creamy celery & mayo with 1/4 cup pesto and 2 tablespoons of feta cheese.
– Lemony Arugula: Instead of the creamy celery & mayo, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon lemon zest, and 1/4 cup of arugula.
Helpful hack: For a quick and easy meal, use a pre-made tuna salad!
Tips & Suggestions:
– Serve with a side of fresh vegetables or potato chips for extra crunch.
– Try adding some extra flavor with a few slices of tomato or red onion.
– This sandwich is a great make-ahead option – prepare it in advance and store in the fridge for up to two days.
– For a vegetarian-friendly alternative, replace the tuna with your favorite plant-based protein option.