Griddle-Grilled Tuna Steak Introduction:
Everyone loves the taste of a perfectly cooked tuna steak! This Griddle-Grilled Tuna Steak dish is not only packed full of flavor, but is also incredibly easy to make. To help you get the perfect sear, this recipe provides all the steps and detailed instructions you need, as well as helpful hacks and tips. With different flavor profiles to choose from, you can customize your meal to your own taste. Serve with a side of roasted potatoes, and a simple green salad, for a delicious and flavorful meal.
For a Japanese-style dish, you can marinate the tuna with a blend of soy sauce, mirin, and sesame oil; for a Mediterranean twist, mix in some diced tomatoes, feta cheese and fresh herbs; or for a spicy kick, add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
– 4 tuna steaks (4-6oz each)
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Preheat griddle to medium-high heat.
2. Pat the tuna steaks dry with paper towels.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic and oregano.
4. Brush each side of the tuna with the olive oil mixture.
5. Place the tuna steaks on the griddle and cook, flipping once, until it reaches your desired doneness. This typically takes 4-5 minutes per side for a medium-rare steak.
6. Once cooked, let the tuna steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Hack: For extra flavor, finish the dish off with a pat of butter or a squeeze of lemon juice.
– Have all ingredients prepped and ready before starting the cooking process.
-If you prefer your tuna steaks cooked more than medium-rare, feel free to cook them a few minutes longer on each side.
-Traditionally, the tuna steaks should be served at room temperature, however you can also serve them hot.
-For a light dinner, serve the tuna with a side of roasted potatoes, and a simple green salad.