Griddle-Grilled Vegetable Panini Introduction
Nothing warms us up quite like a classic Griddle-Grilled Panini. This delicious and easy-to-make meal combines
#Griddle-Grilled Eggplant & Zucchini
#Creamy Pesto Sauce
#Toasted Ciabatta Roll
. And if you’re looking to switch up the flavors, you can substitute in different vegetables and sauces to give this panini your own unique spin. Ready to get cooking? Let’s get started!
-1/4 pound eggplant, cut into thin slices
-1/4 pound zucchini, cut into thin slices
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-2 tablespoons pesto
-1/4 cup mayonnaise
-1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
-1 teaspoon honey
-2 ciabatta rolls, split in half
-2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl, cut the eggplant and zucchini into thin slices. drizzle with olive oil and then toss in garlic powder.
3. Place the eggplant and zucchini slices onto the hot griddle and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the vegetables are golden brown and crispy.
4. Transfer the vegetables onto a plate or cutting board.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the pesto, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and honey.
6. Place the two halves of the ciabatta rolls on the same griddle. Spread the butter on the inside of each side of the ciabatta rolls.
7. Toast the ciabatta on the griddle for 1 minute on each side, or until the bread is golden brown and crispy.
8. Spread the
#Creamy Pesto Sauce
onto the inside of each ciabatta roll.
9. Arrange the eggplant and zucchini slices onto the ciabatta roll and top with the other half of ciabatta roll.
10. Place the completed panini onto the griddle and press down lightly. Grill for 3 minutes on each side, or until the sandwich is golden brown and crispy.
11. Transfer the finished panini onto a plate and serve hot. Enjoy!
For an even tastier panini, try adding your favorite cheese to the sandwich or garnishing it with freshly chopped herbs!
Tips & Serving Suggestions
– Try experimenting with different sauces, such as BBQ, tzatziki or chimichurri, as well as different vegetables, such as bell peppers or mushrooms.
– To cut down on cooking time, try pre-cooking the vegetables in the oven.
– This Griddle-Grilled Vegetable Panini is best served hot, with a side of your favorite chips or a fresh green salad.
– To save time and make it more of an easy meal, opt for store-bought pesto or make a super-quick version of your own by blending together a few ingredients.
– Have leftovers? Reheat the panini for a few minutes on the griddle for a hot, crunchy re-make.