Griddle-Made Huevos Rancheros Welcome to my family’s secret recipe for Griddle-Made Huevos Rancheros! Fried eggs on a corn tortilla, topped with a spicy tomato sauce, garnished with cheese and green onions, this dish is sure to tantalize your taste buds and leave your kitchen smelling heavenly. You can also easily customize this dish to include other flavors, like refried beans, chorizo, or roasted peppers, to make it a truly unique and delicious meal.
– 4 Corn Tortillas
– 4 Large Eggs
– 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
– 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
-1/2 Cup Red Onion, diced
– 1/2 Cup Tomato, diced
– 1 Tsp Chili Powder
– 2 Tbsp Water
– ¼ Cup Fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped
– 4 Tbsp Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
– 2 Green Onion, chopped
– A pinch of salt and pepper
1. Heat a griddle to medium-high heat.
2. Drizzle the olive oil over the griddle.
3. Add the corn tortillas and griddle for about two minutes on each side until lightly brown and crisp.
4. Add the eggs to the griddle and scramble until cooked.
5. In a medium bowl mix together the garlic, red onion, tomato, chili powder, and water.
6. Mic the mixture onto the tortillas and top with the eggs.
7. Sprinkle the cheese, green onion, cilantro, and a pinch of salt and pepper over the top of the eggs.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Hack: If you or your family don’t have time to make the spice-filled tomato mixture, try using a jar of salsa instead.
Tips & Suggestions:
– You can make the eggs even more flavorful by adding a tablespoon of your favorite hot sauce.
– Serve your huevos rancheros with a side of black beans or refried beans for an even heartier meal.
– For a vegetarian version, you can use scrambled tofu or cooked beans instead of eggs.
– For extra heat, you can top with sliced jalapenos, cayenne, or your favorite hot sauce.
– This meal is also great for meal prep and storing for later.
– For a nutritious and balanced breakfast, pair your huevos rancheros with a side of fresh fruit and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice.
Now that you have my family’s beloved Griddle-Made Huevos Rancheros recipe, it’s time to fire up the griddle and enjoy a delicious meal that is sure to be a hit with your friends and family. Bon appétit!