Griddle-Roasted Pork & Slaw Sandwich Introduction
Calling all foodies! Are you looking to bring some low-and-slow-cooked flavors to the dinner table tonight? We’ve got the perfect recipe for you! Griddle-Roasted Pork & Slaw Sandwich is a delectable meal that is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Not a fan of the bittersweet apple slaw? Try switching it up and swapping for a creamy garlic-tahini sauce or a tangy mango salsa to switch up the flavor profiles. Read on for the full, flavorful recipe for Griddle-Roasted Pork & Slaw Sandwich!
#Griddle-Roasted Pork Loin
, you will need:
– 2 lb. pork loin
– 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon oregano
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon ground pepper
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
#Tangy Apple Slaw
, you will need:
– 2 cups shredded green cabbage
– 1 cup sliced apples
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
– 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
For the sandwich, you will need one toasted onion roll.
1. Preheat a griddle or cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the smoked paprika, garlic powder, oregano, dried thyme, ground pepper, and sea salt.
3. Season each side of the pork loin with the mixed spices.
4. Place the pork loin on the hot griddle, and cook for 8 minutes on each side.
5. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cover the griddle with a lid. Cook for an additional 10 minutes, until the pork is cooked through.
6. Remove the pork from the griddle and let it rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
7. While the pork is resting, make the slaw. In a medium bowl, mix together the shredded cabbage, sliced apples, honey, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
8. Toast the onion roll on the griddle, flipping once.
9. Slice the pork loin, and assemble the sandwiches by layering the pork slices on the toasted onion rolls, followed by the tangy apple slaw.
Hack for This Style of Meal
Save time and use a pre-cooked pork loin! Simply slice and assemble the sandwiches with the slaw and enjoy!
Tips & Variations
– For an added kick, top the pork slices with pickled jalapeño slices.
– If you’re not a fan of pork, switch out the pork loin for chicken breasts or veggie burgers.
– Add an extra layer of flavor by brushing the onion rolls with fresh garlic pesto.
– Feel free to omit the honey or swap it for maple syrup for a refined-sugar-free slaw.
– This sandwich is best served fresh, but leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.