Griddle-Sizzled Breakfast Sausage & Eggs Welcome to my family’s take on the classic Griddle-Sizzled Breakfast Sausage & Eggs. There are many different mouthwatering ways to prepare this dish, but this version is our favorite. Try it with a southwestern-style flavor profile, adding a piquant blend of chili powder and cumin to the sausage and a dollop of guacamole and salsa on top. Or try going Mediterranean with a mix of garlic, oregano, and basil in the sausage, topped with feta cheese, olives, and creamy tzatziki.
– 2 links breakfast sausage
– 2 large eggs
– 2 slices of toast
– Mustard and ketchup, for topping
– 2 tablespoons butter
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the links of breakfast sausage and cook for 4-5 minutes or until browned and cooked through, making sure to turn the sausages regularly with tongs.
3. Once the sausages are done cooking, set aside on a plate.
4. Add the butter to the griddle or skillet and melt.
5. Crack the eggs into the pan and season with salt and pepper.
6. Cook the eggs sunny-side up until the whites are set, about 2-3 minutes.
7. Toast the bread in a toaster while the eggs are cooking.
8. Place the toast on a plate, top with the egg and sausage links, then add a generous helping of both mustard and ketchup.
Make a delicious breakfast sandwich with the sausage and egg, adding cheese, tomato, and lettuce to the toast for extra flavor.
– Get creative with the toppings! Try a dollop of guacamole, salsa, feta cheese, olives, and tzatziki for a Mediterranean flavor.
– You can also replace the sausage with bacon for a smoky alternative.
– If you’re pressed for time, cook the sausages and eggs together with a small amount of butter in the same pan.
– Try substituting the bread with a warm flour tortilla or corn tortilla for a southwestern flair.
– Keep any leftover cooked sausage in an airtight container for up to 4 days and reheat in the microwave for a quick snack.