Griddle-Smoked Brisket Sliders Introduction
Are you ready to dig into some seriously succulent Southern-style cooking? Get ready to fire up the griddle and savor some
#Smoky & Tender Brisket
#Caramelized Onions & Pickles
, all piled in between golden, toasted Potato Buns! The perfect Southern comfort food, your friends and family are sure to love this savory treat.
Plus, you can easily change up the flavor profile and make it your own! Try substituting the brisket with pulled pork, or adding jalapeños for a spicy twist. If barbecue isn’t your thing, try experimenting with different toppings, like mushrooms or guacamole. The possibilities are endless!
-1 lb beef brisket
-4 medium potatoes, peeled
-1/4 cup canola oil for brushing
-3 cups pickles, sliced
-1 large onion, cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
-2 tablespoons canola oil
-2 tablespoons unsalted butter
-1 teaspoon brown sugar
-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
-Kosher salt, to taste
-Black pepper, to taste
1. Begin by preheating a griddle over medium-high heat.
2. Cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch slices. Brush with the canola oil and season lightly with salt & pepper. Place on the griddle, and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes on each side. Once cooked, transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. Next, season the brisket with salt and pepper. Place on the griddle and cook for about 8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reads 145°F. Once cooked, transfer to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
4. In a separate skillet over medium heat, heat the canola oil and butter. Add in the onion pieces, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the onions become golden and caramelized, about 10 minutes.
5. To assemble the sliders, place some slices of brisket on the toasted potatoes, top with some caramelized onions, pickles, and a drizzle of Worcestershire sauce.
To infuse your slider buns with even more flavor, season them with garlic and herbs before you toast them!
Tips & Variations
-To make the meal even more filling, consider adding some roasted potatoes, coleslaw, or even potato chips.
-For extra flavor, top with your favorite barbecue sauce.
-This makes a delicious vegan option: substitute the brisket with beans, tempeh, or seitan.
-To make these sliders suitable for a low-carb diet, simply omit the potato buns.