Griddle-Smoked Peach & Berry Crumble
Welcome to the delicious world of Griddle-Smoked Peach & Berry Crumble! This tasty classic is the perfect way to enjoy tangy fruit flavors while adding an extra smoky touch. Whether you are enjoying it for dessert or as a comforting snack, this Griddle-Smoked Peach & Berry Crumble is sure to satisfy all palates.
Plus, there are numerous variations to the recipe, which can easily be adjusted to match your own personal flavor profile. For those looking to add a bit of extra sweetness, try substituting the peaches in the crumble with ripe, juicy apples. Or, if you are feeling adventurous, try tossing in some blueberries for a unique tartness, or adding some shredded coconut for a tropical twist.
To prepare, you will need:
•4 cups of fresh, peeled & chopped peaches
•2 cups of fresh, ripe berries
•3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
•3 tablespoons of light brown sugar
•1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
•1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
•1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
•1/2 cup all-purpose flour
•1/2 cup rolled oats
•1 stick cold unsalted butter (diced)
•Equipment: A cast iron griddle or large non stick skillet
1. Preheat the griddle or skillet to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together your chopped peaches, berries, sugars, spices and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, oats and diced butter until a crumbly texture forms.
4. Grease the griddle or skillet with butter or oil. Spread the fruit mixture evenly across the griddle, then top with the oat and butter mixture.
5. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until the top of the crumble is golden brown.
Helpful Hacks: Pre-cook the topping on the stovetop if you are looking for a crunchier texture.
Helpful Tips & Suggestions:
• Serve the Griddle-Smoked Peach & Berry Crumble warm or cold, with a scoop of ice cream (We suggest vanilla!) and caramel or whipped cream.
• If you are looking to lighten up the dish, try swapping half of the butter for coconut oil.
• This easy and delicious treat can also be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a week.
• Spoil your loved ones with a decadent drizzle of warm sweet cream or salted caramel.