Griddle-Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwich Introducing Griddle-Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwich! It’s a deliciously juicy and tender pulled pork sandwich, basted in smoky, tangy BBQ sauce and served on a toasted brioche bun. Adding a layer of crispy griddle-smoked pork boosts the flavor and texture, creating a flavor that is one-of-a-kind. You can also switch it up by experimenting with different flavors like teriyaki, spicy mayo, or even chili lime.
-4 pork chops
-4 brioche buns
-1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon olive oil
-A pinch of seasonings of your choice (for example, paprika, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, etc.)
1. Preheat a griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Rub the pork chops with the salt and seasonings of your choice. Drizzle with the olive oil.
3. Once the griddle or skillet is hot, place the pork chops in the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until they appear crispy and golden brown. Make sure to flipping them only once during cooking.
4. When the pork chops are finished cooking, remove them from the pan onto a large plate or cutting board. Use two forks to separate the pork into thin, pulled pieces.
5. Place the pork pieces back into the pan and lightly coat with BBQ sauce. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring often.
6. Take a brioche bun and lightly toast it in the skillet until golden.
7. Place the pork onto the brioche buns and top them with extra BBQ sauce. Serve hot and enjoy!
Helpful Hack: If you want to keep the pork extra crispy, you can brush some oil onto the griddle and preheat until it is smoking hot. This will help to create a crispy exterior with each bite.
Tips: For added flavor and texture, top the sandwiches with caramelized onions, pickles, or any other of your favorite toppings. Enjoy the sandwich with a side of coleslaw, potato salad, or classic fries. This sandwich also tastes fantastic when served with a frosty beer.