Griddle-Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Bagel Introduction
Welcome to my delicious Griddle-Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Bagel recipe. Whether you’re having this as a Sunday brunch or a weeknight dinner, this bagel is sure to make your taste buds sing. Not a fan of smoked salmon and cream cheese? No problem! You can customize this dish with different flavor profiles, like substituting the smoked salmon for cooked bacon and the cream cheese for chive-scallion cream cheese. No matter what variation you choose, this griddle-smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel recipe is a surefire crowd-pleaser!
– 4 ounces smoked salmon, torn into 1-inch pieces
– 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
– 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped + more for garnish
– 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
– 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
– 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
– 2 bagels, preferably a whole wheat, halved, and lightly toasted
1. Preheat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, dill, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon black pepper, and 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
3. Spread the cream cheese mixture on each half of the bagel.
4. Place the smoked salmon pieces on the griddle or skillet and season with the remaining olive oil, black pepper, and salt.
5. Cook the salmon on the griddle or skillet until it is nice and crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
6. Place the smoked salmon on the cream cheese-covered bagel halves.
7. Garnish with fresh dill, additional ground black pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
8. Enjoy your griddle-smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel!
Tips & Suggestions
For an extra kick, you can add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes or a few drops of hot sauce. For even more flavor, substitute the cream cheese for chive-scallion cream cheese and add a tablespoon of capers to the salmon. You can even add a few slices of avocado for extra texture. Serve with a side of mixed greens or your favorite chips and dip.