Griddle-Smoked Sausage & Eggs Welcome to Griddle-Smoked Sausage & Eggs: a delicious and hearty breakfast treat, sure to please the whole family! Smoked sausage links are served with fried eggs and toast, topped with mustard and ketchup. But don’t let the traditional flavor profile limit you – this dish has many style variations with different flavor profiles. Try adding spices for an Italian twist, herbs for a Mediterranean flare, or diced jalapenos for a spicy kick.
– 8 smoked sausage links
– 4 large eggs
– 4 slices of toast
– 4 tablespoons butter
– Mustard and ketchup, for topping
1. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage links and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk until well beaten.
3. Add the butter to the skillet. When it has melted, add the eggs and immediately begin to stir until scrambled, about 30 seconds. Continue cooking until the eggs are lightly golden, 3-4 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, toast the bread slices in a toaster or in a dry skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Place two pieces of toast on each of two plates, top each with the scrambled eggs, and then divide the sausage links over the eggs.
6. Top each plate with mustard and ketchup, as desired. Enjoy!
HACK: To save time in the morning, cook the sausage and scramble the eggs the night before and store in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
TIPS & SUGGESTIONS:
– Serve with a side of roasted potatoes for a fuller breakfast experience.
– For a low-carb option, try serving with a green salad.
– Leftovers can be used in sandwiches, tacos, or other recipes.
– Sprinkle grated cheese over the eggs for added flavor.
– For more smokiness, try using smoked paprika or Cajun seasoning instead of ketchup and mustard.