Griddle-Toasted Turkey & Gravy Welcome to Griddle-Toasted Turkey & Gravy, a delicious and flavorful turkey dinner that will wow your friends and family. This classic recipe adds a hint of smoky flavor to a traditional Thanksgiving meal and it’s a great way to enjoy turkey even when it’s not a holiday. There are also many ways to switch up the flavor style, from classic herbs and seasonings, to a light and smoky finish.
2 pounds boneless and skinless turkey breast
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup chicken broth, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup sautéed green beans, for serving
1 cup mashed potatoes, for serving
Dinner rolls, for serving
1. In a shallow bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper. Coat the turkey breast all over with the seasonings.
2. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large griddle pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the turkey breast and cook on each side for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
3. Transfer the turkey to a plate and set aside.
4. Reduce the heat to medium. Pour in 1/2 cup of chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and remaining 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Stir until completely dissolved and pour into the simmering pan. Stir continuously until gravy starts to thicken.
6. Serve the turkey, gravy, sautéed green beans, mashed potatoes, and dinner rolls together for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Helpful Hacks: You can also top the turkey with melted cheese for an extra delicious dinner!
Tips & Suggestions:
• Serve with a salad or cooked vegetables on the side for extra nutrition.
• You can also use turkey thighs instead of breast, just make sure to adjust cook time as needed.
• For a lighter version of this dish, swap the olive oil for broth or white wine.
• For a southwestern twist, add your favorite Mexican seasonings to the spices blend.