Griddle-Top French Toast Frenzy Introducing Griddle-Top French Toast Frenzy, a delectable, layered brunch treat. Think thick slices of brioche toast, stuffed with cream cheese and berries, drizzled with syrup and powdered sugar – a sweet and savory delight that will have your friends and family clamoring for more. Or switch things up with this riff on classic recipe using different flavor profiles – try replacing the cream cheese and berries with a mix of cinnamon and apples, or add a twist with ricotta and chopped nuts – to suit your palette!
– 12 thick slices of brioche toast
– 4 ounces of cream cheese
– 1 cup of fresh or frozen berries
– 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
– 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
– 2 tablespoons of butter, plus extra for greasing the pan
– Nonstick cooking spray (optional)
– If your berries are frozen, allow them to thaw before use
1. Heat your griddle to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the griddle with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
2. Spread the cream cheese between two slices of each brioche toast and sprinkle the berries on top.
3. Place the assembled toast onto the preheated griddle in batches of 4-6 and cook until lightly golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Flip the toast over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until both sides are golden brown.
4. Transfer the cooked toast to a plate and continue with the remaining toast.
5. Drizzle each slice of French Toast with syrup and sprinkle with the powdered sugar. Serve with extra syrup and butter on the side, if desired.
In a rush to get the French Toast on the table? Prepall the toast in advance, assemble them according to the recipe, and keep them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook.
Tips and Suggestions:
– Add a dash of vanilla, cinnamon, or nutmeg to the cream cheese mix for extra flavor.
– If desired, replace the cream cheese and berries with a mixture of apples slices and cinnamon.
– Mix it up by adding a layer of ricotta cheese topped with chopped nuts
– Feel free to add extra syrup for a sweeter finish.
– Serve with a side of bacon, sausage, or scrambled eggs for a balanced brunch.
– For extra nutrition, use whole grain toast and Greek yogurt instead of cream cheese.