Hearty Griddle-Baked Lasagna Hearty Griddle-Baked Lasagna: A Classic Italian Dish with a Griddle-Flavored Twist
If an Italian classic is what you’re after, Hearty Griddle-Baked Lasagna is a great choice! With a few simple ingredients and a griddle, you can make a flavorsome twist on this classic dish. But if you’re looking for something with a more unique flavor, there are lots of other options too—try using thicker layers of lasagna filled with a Mediterranean-style mixture of artichoke hearts, olives, tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms, and garlic, or try making a version with a chili and cheese mixture.
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 (26-ounce) jar of your favorite tomato sauce
– 1 cup ricotta cheese
– 1 cup grated mozzarella
– 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
– 1 (9-ounce) package lasagna noodles
– 2 tablespoons butter
– Salt, to taste
1. Begin by preheating your griddle to medium heat.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the onion. Cook, stirring regularly, until the onion is soft and translucent, about four minutes. Add the garlic, reduce the heat to low, and cook for an additional two minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
4. Now, it’s time to assemble the lasagna. Spread a thin layer of the sauce mixture on the griddle. Place the lasagna noodles on top of the sauce, slightly overlapping them. Spread another layer of the sauce mixture on top, followed by another layer of noodles. Sprinkle some butter on the noodles, then season them with salt.
5. Grill the lasagna over medium heat, flipping the noodles after a few minutes and adding more butter, if needed. Continue to grill, flipping occasionally, until the noodles are cooked through, about 15 minutes.
6. Serve the lasagna hot with a side of garlic bread and a Caesar salad, and enjoy!
Kitchen Hack: Make lasagna ahead of time and freeze it, then heat it up in the griddle later for an easy weeknight meal.
-For an extra flavor boost, try griddling the noodles on both sides with more sauce and some butter before layering the lasagna.
-If you’re looking for an added richness, try adding some cooked ground beef or sausage to the sauce mixture.
-If you’re looking to add another layer of texture, try topping the lasagna with some crispy fried onions before grilling.
-For a healthier option, opt for whole wheat lasagna noodles and low-fat cheeses.
-Lasagna can also be made in the oven; just bake the layered noodles at 350°F for about 30-35 minutes.