Melt-in-Your-Mouth Griddle-Seared Ribeye Steak Introduction
Let’s master the art of griddle searing with this mouthwatering Melt-in-Your-Mouth Griddle-Seared Ribeye Steak. This hearty steak is topped with a browned, herb-garlic crust, and served with grilled asparagus, garlic herb roasted potatoes, and a side salad. You can also customize this dish to your personal taste with different flavor profiles to enjoy.
-2 Ribeye Steaks (10oz each, 1-inch thick)
-1 teaspoon Black Pepper
-1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
-2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Herbs (for example, Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley, and Basil)
-2 tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
-4 cloves Garlic, minced
-1 lb. Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut into large chunks
-2 tablespoons chopped Fresh Herbs (for example, Rosemary, Thyme, and Parsley)
-1/4 teaspoon Salt, plus more to taste
-1 teaspoon Olive Oil
-1 lb. Asparagus, trimmed
-Additional Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil, Herbs
-1 Side Salad of your choice
1. Preheat your griddle pan over medium-high heat.
2. In a small bowl, combine the black pepper, garlic powder, and your choice of herbs for a tasty crust for the steaks.
3. Rub the steaks with a 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with the herb mixture.
4. Place the steaks on the griddle and cook for 6 minutes per side (for medium-rare) or until desired doneness.
5. In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, potatoes, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, herbs, and salt. Toss to coat the potatoes.
6. Place the potatoes on the griddle and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and tender.
7. Remove the potatoes and set aside.
8. Add the asparagus to the same bowl as the potatoes and season with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Toss to coat.
9. Place the asparagus on the griddle and cook, flipping once, until tender and browned.
10. Remove from the griddle and let the steaks rest for 5 minutes.
11. Serve the ribeye steaks, potatoes, asparagus, and your side salad of choice.
Searing meats on a griddle is a foolproof way to ensure that your steak is cooked perfectly, but if you don’t have a griddle pan, you can use a cast iron skillet as an alternative.
Tips and Suggestions
-For the best results, let your steak come to room temperature before cooking so the center cooks evenly.
-Feel free to mix and match different herbs to customize the flavor profile to your own taste.
-Top these melt-in-your-mouth steaks with diced shallot and herbs for extra flavor.
-For a lighter meal, omit the potatoes and serve the ribeye steak and grilled asparagus with a side salad.