Pit Boss Grilled Veggie Wrap Introducing the Pit Boss Grilled Veggie Wrap – a smoky and savory treat packed with flavor and texture! With a host of ingredients like juicy portobello mushrooms, sweet caramelized onions, a peppery roasted red pepper aioli, and other colorful produce, there are endless possibilities for mixing and matching your favorite flavors in this delicious wrap. For a smoky and savory take, serve the wrap with
#Griddle-Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
#Caramelized Onions & Peppers
, or for a lighter and tangier flavor profile, opt for Fresh Herbs and Sun-Dried Tomato Aioli.
– 2 large portobello mushrooms
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 cups chopped peppers, sliced
– 2 cups thinly sliced and caramelized onions
– 4 large wraps
– 2–3 tablespoons roasted red pepper aioli
1. Preheat your griddle to medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the portobello mushrooms. Remove the stems and scrape out any gills. Brush both sides of the mushrooms with olive oil, then season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Place the mushrooms onto the griddle and cook until golden-brown, about 7–8 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Place the peppers in a pan over medium heat. Sauté until softened, about 3–4 minutes. Add in the caramelized onions and cook for another 2–3 minutes.
5. Place the wraps onto a large plate. Divide the mushroom mixture on each wrap, then top with the sautéed pepper and onion mixture.
6. Spread a spoonful of the roasted red pepper aioli over the top of each wrap. Roll or fold to make wraps.
Helpful Hack: For a quick and easy way to switch up the flavors of this wrap, swap the roasted red pepper aioli for a different condiment such as pesto or hummus!
– Serve these wraps warm for best flavor.
– If you don’t have time to caramelize onions, try buying pre-caramelized onions to save some time.
– To add extra flavor to the wrap, sprinkle the top with a pinch of smoked paprika.
– For a vegan version of this wrap, substitute the roasted red pepper aioli for vegan mayonnaise.
– Serve the wraps with a side of fresh fruit or roasted vegetables for a healthy and delicious meal.