Sizzlin’ Breakfast Burrito Introduction
Whether you’re getting up early for work or looking for a delicious brunch item, this Sizzlin’ Breakfast Burrito has it all. Filled with egg scramble, black beans, salsa, cheese and peppers, topped with sour cream and guacamole, this burrito is sure to satisfy your appetite. Plus, the flavor combinations of this dish are endless—try adding chorizo or cilantro for a zesty zing. Grab your spatula and get ready to dig into your taste buds’ new favorite meal.
Ingredients -2 large eggs
-¼ cup black beans, cooked
-1/8 cup diced peppers (red, green, yellow)
-¼ cup salsa
-¼ cup shredded cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, etc.)
-1 tablespoon sour cream
-2 tablespoons guacamole or avocado slices
-1 burrito size tortilla
-Salt and pepper to taste
-Cooking oil (vegetable, olive, canola, etc.)
Makes 1 Burrito
1. Heat a lightly oiled skillet over medium-high heat.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the heated skillet. Let it cook, stirring occasionally until the eggs are scrambled and cooked through.
4. Add the black beans, peppers, salsa and cheese to the eggs. Stir until everything is well combined.
5. Place the egg mixture in the center of the tortilla. Top with the sour cream and guacamole.
6. Fold the sides of the tortilla in, and roll up the burrito.
7. Serve immediately.
For an instant flavor boost, add some diced onions and jalapenos to the egg scramble for a kick of heat.
Tips & Suggestions
Make a few at once and freeze them for quick breakfast or lunch options. Serve with fresh fruit or a side of melon and complete the meal with a cup of coffee or tea. This burrito can also be enjoyed wrapped in foil or parchment paper for simple on-the-go dining.