Tender and Juicy Griddle-Roasted Pork Chops Welcome to my delicious Griddle-Roasted Pork Chops recipe! This simple but flavorful meal features tender and juicy pork chops, sautéed green beans, corn on the cob, and roasted red potatoes. Let’s get started!
You can change up the flavors for this dish to really make it your own. Swap the pork chops for chicken breasts and add some cilantro and lime for a zesty Mexican twist. Or for a Thai take, substitute coconut milk for the cream and add some Asian spices and a splash of fish sauce. The possibilities are endless!
– 2 – ¾-inch thick bone-in pork chops
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 2 tablespoons cream
– Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
– 1 cup diced carrots
– 1 cup diced celery
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 2-3 cups green beans, trimmed
– 2 ears of corn, shucked and cut into thirds
– 4 red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as thyme or rosemary)
1. Heat a griddle pan to medium-high heat. Rub the pork chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place the pork chops on the griddle, and griddle-roast for 6-8 minutes, rotating occasionally to cook evenly.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and add the cream, garlic, onion, carrots, and celery to the griddle. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add the green beans, corn, and potatoes and bring to a boil.
5. Cover the griddle and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and additional salt and pepper, if desired.
6. Remove the pork chops from the griddle and serve with the vegetables. Enjoy!
A helpful hack: To reduce your clean-up time, line your griddle with heavy-duty aluminum foil before you get started. And, if you have more vegetables than can fit in the griddle, you can also use a baking sheet nestled alongside the griddle pan.
– For a little bit of extra flavor, try adding some fresh lemon or lime juice right before serving.
– Try serving these pork chops with mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles to make a complete meal.
– If you want to make this dish a bit healthier, substitute honey or maple syrup for the cream.
– For a quick and easy fresh side salad, toss some diced tomatoes with olive oil, garlic, and fresh herbs.
Now it’s time to dig in and enjoy your delicious Griddle-Roasted Pork Chops. Bon appétit!