The Ultimate Griddle Breakfast Sandwich The Ultimate Griddle Breakfast Sandwich:
#Eggs, Bacon, and Cheese
tucked into Griddled Sourdough Bread, served with Lettuce, Tomato, and Mayo
Whether you’re looking for a breakfast meal that’s as delicious as it is easy to make, or want to put your own spin on a classic dish, you won’t want to miss out on trying this Ultimate Griddle Breakfast Sandwich. This sandwich features eggs, bacon, and cheese tucked into a griddled sourdough bread, with lettuce, tomato, and mayo adding even more flavor! You can tailor this sandwich to your own taste buds by adding your favorite condiments or spices like garlic, tarragon, or smoked paprika.
– 2 large eggs
– 3 slices bacon
– 1/4 cup shredded cheese, such as cheddar
– 2 slices of sourdough bread
– 2 slices of lettuce
– 2 slices of tomato
– 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
– 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat a large griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
2. Place the bacon on the griddle and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until crispy. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. Crack the eggs onto the griddle and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, flipping halfway, until the eggs are cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, spread one slice of bread with 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise. Place the second slice of bread on top.
5. Add the shredded cheese, cooked bacon, and cooked egg on top of the mayonnaise spread slice.
6. Add the lettuce and tomato slices on top of the cheese, bacon, and egg. Close the sandwich with the second slice of bread.
7. Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to the griddle or skillet and then place the sandwich onto the hot surface.
8. Cook the sandwich for about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden and the cheese has melted.
9. Cut sandwich in half and serve with remaining lettuce and tomato slices.
If you plan to make several of these sandwiches for a larger crowd, you can speed up the process by prepping and cooking the ingredients in bulk. Cook the bacon, eggs, and toast the bread in advance, then assemble the sandwiches on the warm griddle for a few minutes to melt the cheese and get that beautiful griddled color.
Tips and Suggestions:
– Serve the sandwich with a salad or side of roasted potatoes for a more filling meal.
– For more flavor, add a couple of dashes of hot sauce, pesto, or some other favorite condiment to the inside of the sandwich.
– To make this a vegetarian-friendly meal, omit the bacon and use vegetable oil instead of butter or other animal-based fats. You can also swap in your favorite plant-based cheese!
– If you’re looking for a cheesy sandwich, try adding some additional shredded cheese between the layers of egg, bacon, and lettuce.