Introducing the Ultimate Griddle Breakfast: a hearty and flavorful combination of hash browns, sausages, peppers, cheese, and bacon baked to a crispy perfection that is sure to please any hungry crowd.
But don’t let the ingredients limit you, there are plenty of variations to customize your griddle breakfast to your own tastes.
The possibilities are endless, from Southwestern spicy flavors to classic Italian-style sausage and peppers!
– 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
– 1 pound your preferred Sausages (whole links, cut into 1-inch pieces)
– 1 red onion, finely chopped
– 1 red bell pepper, cored and finely diced
– 1 green bell pepper, cored and finely diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 cups shredded hash brown potatoes
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large griddle or flat top grill over medium-high heat.
2. Add the sausage and cook until they start to brown, around 3 minutes.
3. Add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic, continue to cook until vegetables are softened and sausage cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the hash brown potatoes, bacon, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Layer the potatoes onto the griddle, spreading them out in an even layer.
6. Sprinkle the cheese and bacon on top of the potatoes.
7. Cook until the potatoes are golden and crispy, and the cheese is melted, approximately 8-10 minutes.
Tips and Hacks:
- For added flavor, try seasoning the hash brown potatoes with a teaspoon of smoked paprika or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- If your griddle or flat top grill is too hot, cover the dish loosely with aluminum foil to help slow the cooking process and ensure an even, golden crisp.
- For a healthier version, try using turkey bacon instead of regular bacon, or use a lower-fat cheese.
- This dish can be transformed into other flavor profiles – try adding a teaspoon of chili powder and a teaspoon of cumin for a spicy Southwestern style dish.
This Ultimate Griddle Breakfast is sure to be a hit for any family breakfast or brunch. The flavors of the sausage and peppers meld together perfectly with the crispy, cheesy potatoes and bacon for a hearty and flavorful meal that won’t soon be forgotten. Enjoy!