Want a new grill? But also want a new griddle? How about a grill griddle combo? Choices can get tough, and I get it, the wallet doesn’t always agree with my choices. So, let’s get the best of both worlds and check out the best grill and griddle combos today!
The Great Grill vs Griddle Debate
Like you, I’ve owned many types of grills. From gas to Charcoal to electronic pellet grills, I’ve kind of done it all. In this time of tearing through grilling gear over the years, I’ve learned that all have their limitations in one form or another.
After all, not many people plan on buying a griddle and a grill for their backyard.
Buying both a grill and griddle can get expensive and take up a ton of room.
However, a good griddle grill combo might just be what the doctor ordered! When it comes to a grill vs griddle decision, there are a few considerations:
Type of Cooking:
If you like to slow cook and use closed hood ambient temps to perfect your BBQ after 13 hours of slow cooking your boston butt, a griddle isn’t for you. BUT, that doesn’t mean you need t rule one out!
Space for Grills and Griddles:
I live in Colorado and you know what you get in Colorado when you buy a new house? Tiny yards, yay real estate booms! So having an all-in-one grill griddle combo is a great way to diversify your cooking area without sacrificing backyard space.
Maybe you only cook in the backyard once a year and it really doesn’t matter, or maybe you like to cook every meal on the grill, and having the ability to really cook in all different methods appeals to you.
Best Gas Griddle and Grill Combos
As someone who has purchased countless griddles and grills, I think having a gas grill with a griddle and great “jack of all trades” setup for any backyard chef.
I can confidently recommend these as the best griddle and grill combo options today.
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill 600 (Griddle Kings Choice)
So, heres the deal, the others in the write up are combos, however, no one does this one as good as Camp Chef.
They have a quick top removal of the griddle surface to have the full real estate of the grill ready to use tucked beneath it. It’s really hard to beat this if you’re in the market for a combo.
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill 600 Features:
- Includes huge interchangeable flat top griddle 20.5″ x 31″
- Griddle surface: 604 sq. in – Grilling surface: 501 sq. in
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel burners with Matchless Ignition
- Two large folding shelves
- Overall Unit Dimensions: 62.5″ 37″ x 22″ Weight: 142 lbs.
Royal Gourmet GD401 Portable Propane Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
Royal Gourmet GD401 Features:
- Combination of gas grill and griddle with two individual cooking zones | Easy assembly required
- Product dimensions – 66.1″ L x 21.8″ W x 43.7″ H | Clearance space around product – 36” | Product weight – 103.6 lbs. | Cooking area (Two) – 292 sq. inches each | Gas tank size – 20 lb. | Burners output (4) – 12,000 BTU each
- Automatic ignition system delivers fast and easy start-up with four big knobs on the stainless-steel control panel
- Two fixed side tables provide ample space for food preparation. Lower bar design keeps your grilling accessories within arms’ reach
- With fold-down legs for compact storage and four locking casters for easy moving, it is ideal for cookouts | Removable oil management system facilitates easy cleanup
Blackstone Tailgater Portable Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
- PORTABLE – The perfect tailgater grill and griddle for any event. Easy portable setup, almost no assembly required, this flat top grill combo is ready to use in seconds. Take it to the park for an afternoon cookout or take it into the woods for a long-term camping trip. The easily adjustable legs will be stable on uneven ground and make setup a breeze.
- VERSATILE – enjoy several different setup combinations. Utilize the grill box and griddle at the same time or easily remove both and use the two open burners for pots/pans. You can also keep the grill or the griddle on and have one open burner… so many options! With a gas grill and/or griddle, you can cook and barbecue however you want, enjoy cooking a variety of food on one easy-to-use tailgater combo.
- DURABLE -Built to last this Blackstone grill includes a heavy-duty grill box with vent, handle and durable cast iron grill grates plus a cold rolled steel griddle plate and the whole unit has a strong powder coat finish.
- TWO BURNERS – two independently controlled burners (1 stainless steel H tube burner and one cast iron burner). The H tube burner can put out 15,000 BTUs and the cast iron burner can produce 20,000 BTUs.
Royal Gourmet GD401C 4-Burner Portable Propane Flat Top Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
- Combo Design: Combination of gas grill and griddle with two individual cooking zones, each has 292 sq. inches for cooking, totaling 584 sq. inches of cooking space, over 4 burners with an output of 48,000 BTUs.
- Portable: Easy to assemble within 15 minutes. With fold-down legs for compact storage and four locking casters for easy-moving, it is ideal for cookouts.
- Automatic Ignition System: Automatic ignition system delivers fast and easy start-up with four big knobs on the stainless-steel control panel.
- No Fussy Cleanup: Removable oil management system facilitates easy cleanup.
- Ample Preparation Space: Two fixed side tables provide ample space for food preparation. Lower bar design keeps your grilling accessories within arms’ reach.
Must-Have Griddle Accessories:
Disclaimer: Purchasing through these links does earn us a commission.
If your looking to maximize your options and minimize the space taken up, a grill griddle combo cannot be beat! Hopefully this was helpful and you get the best griddle and grill combo that works for you. Grill Griddle combos , connecting you to better backyard chow. Griddle King, out.