Wanna make great pancakes on the griddle? Let’s do this. Yes, griddle cakes are possible. Here is the BEST Griddle Cake recipe for Tasty pancakes on the griddle
GRIDDLE BASICS FOR COOKING
With your Blackstone griddle, you can quench the craving for pancakes and have the fun of cooking on a griddle.
Blackstone pancakes are easier than you might think, they taste incredible, and the cleanup afterward might leave you wondering why you waited so long. So, what are we waiting for? Let’s get griddling!
Every once in a while, a craving will hit. And you can sing, jog, buy something new—that craving simply won’t be denied.
Today it’s pancakes! And we found a recipe that is simple, versatile, but above all—delicious. First, a couple of griddle basics. We promise they will be quick!
If you want to have your Blackstone griddle ready and raring to go any time you are, then you will need to give it some tender loving care. It won’t take long, and it isn’t complicated. The griddle is made of steel—which is a mixture of iron and carbon—so it can rust if it doesn’t get some oil in its pores.
Pancake Griddle Temperature
When we think about griddle temp for pancakes, we need to think about how we normally make pancakes. We dont set a temp on our stove top when we cook pancakes, we just use a low to medium heat setting and make minor adjustments as needed based on how fast the pancakes are cooking.
Turn the griddle on medium to medium-high, or (if your griddle has a temperature gauge on it )350-375 degrees. Pour oil on it.
Spread the oil around, let it sit for a minute, then wipe it off and let it dry. Remember to wipe it with paper towels held in tongs. That griddle will be HOT! That is a bare-bones beginning, but don’t worry, more info will soon be available.
How To Know When to Flip Pancakes On the Griddle
One of the best methods to know if griddle pancakes are done or not, is to look for little bubble popping up through the raw batter on the top side. Once you have several bubbles forming AND the pancake will slide on the griddle surface, THEN you should flip those griddle cakes.
IS THE BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE SAFE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT?
Propane puts out 98% less particle pollution than diesel. As far as carbon monoxide, propane puts out 60% less than gasoline. Why is this important? Because we need to care for our world, and fossil fuels are on the way out.
We want to know that the griddle, with its propane, can be used for as long as it lasts. Propane has been determined to be so much better for the environment than gasoline and even diesel, that it isn’t regulated.
So it looks like all you have to do is take good care of your Blackstone griddle and it will be around for a good while.
Now your Blackstone griddle is all ready to go.
TOOLS TO HAVE ON HAND
We’re almost to the recipe that tells how to cook pancakes on the Blackstone griddle. Great. But before you get started cooking those babies, you are going to need a few things to help you get the job done. This list isn’t exhaustive.
Each person does things their own way, so you can be sure that you will be humming along and run into a tool you need that isn’t listed.
Don’t sweat it. Just revel in differences, yell a little bit if you feel like it, then grab what you need. This is one of our favorite fix-a-problem routines, by the way: “No sweat-revel-yell-grab.
What You Will Need:
- Large bowl – A batter bowl, like our beauty from the dollar store, is handy because of the pour spout
- Small bowl
- Whisk or fork—For stirring•
- Pancake turner
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Clean dish towel
- Paper Towels
- Batter dispenser (Not a necessity, but wow is it nice to have)
- If you decide to beat the egg white before adding it, you will want an electric beater/mixer
Now, for the yummy stuff…
HOW TO COOK PANCAKES ON THE BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE
BASIC GRIDDLE CAKES
- Prep time: About 10 minutes
- Cook time: About 15 minutes
- (If you don’t spill anything or realize you need to go to the store, like we do a lot of the time)
- Total time to prepare: About 25 minutes
- Servings: About 6 griddle cakes but recipe is easy to double, triple, etc. for larger groups
- Calories: Per 2 griddle-cake serving 391
- Carbs: 15
- Fat: 34g
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour (all purpose is fine)•
- 2 1/4 Tablespoons sugar (if you prefer, go ahead and use your favorite sugar substitute, or brown sugar)•
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt•
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 cup milk (if a little more is needed to make the batter pour smoothly, add a teaspoon at a time)
Preparation: In a bowl about the size of a cereal bowl, whisk the egg for around 30 seconds.
2. In a mixing bowl, blend flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
3. Stir in melted butter, beaten egg and milk
4. Mix until blended, but don’t blend all the lumps out.
5. Check to see whether your batter pours easily. If not, add a teaspoon or two of milk, but don’t get the batter too runny.
Cooking Your Griddle Cakes:
- Grease the Blackstone griddle.
- Turn it on medium heat
- Pour batter onto the greased griddle after it is hot.
- Cook until griddle cakes begin to appear dry around the outside, and have popped bubbles everywhere, between 1 1/2 & 2 minutes.
- Flip. Continue cooking until browned, about a minute longer.
Notes: Using a 1/4 cup measure helps get just the right amount of batter for each griddle cake.
Prefer buttermilk in your griddle cakes? Don’t have any buttermilk? Add a teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar to your milk and let it sit for 10 minutes before mixing ingredients.
Like your pancakes fluffy? Separate the egg. When you’re about ready to put the egg in, beat the egg white until you get stiff peaks. Ensure you just add both the egg yolk with whites.
Not a morning person? Make your batter up, cover it, save it ’til morning. It might thicken up. Just add a little milk.
This is an easy recipe to add fruit to for fruity pancakes. 1/2 cup stirred in, small pieces. Try adding spices, like pumpkin spice. Or chocolate milk mix. Or Baking chips—chocolate, vanilla, etc. Feel free to experiment!
Have fun with your Blackstone griddle, in-fact, make pancakes on the Blackstone Griddle your first order of business! Or, if you really want to get creative, check out these 8 Awesome Blackstone Griddle Recipes!
Must Have Griddle Accessories:
Disclaimer: Purchasing through these links could earn us a commission.
That’s a wrap guys and gals! Now, next time you get that craving for some old fashioned griddle pancakes, satisfy your crew with this recipe! Griddle King, out.